Cosplay Information for 2016
Be a part of the most colourful part of the day and show us your cosplay skills in the Comic Book SyndiCON Cosplay Competition!
Participate in one of five categories:
Novice – Are you just starting out with cosplay? Have you been at this for only a few years and this is your first competition or hey, maybe you like a relaxed cosplay atmosphere and are just here to show off what you’ve got? Then sign up in the Novice category, have fun and join the show!
Artisan – A more intermediate level of cosplayer might want to sign up for this category! Have you been at this for a while? Been in a few competitions before? Have you ever won a cosplay competition? Why not challenge yourself and compete with the best of the best by signing up for the Artisan category!
Group – Are you a trio of Gotham’s most villainous ladies? Perhaps a gathering of planetary sailor scouts? Or maybe a family from a galaxy far far away? Then this is the category for you! Get your friends, your loved ones, even your mom to cosplay as a group for this category! Groups can consist of three or more participants and must all be from the same universe or of the same theme.
Couple – A special category to celebrate the holiday at hand! Bring your sweetheart and dress as a pair in this category reserved just for two! Whether you’re Harley and Mr. J, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune, or Wiccan and Hulkling, we don’t judge! Well we do, but just the costumes! Show the softer side of super heroes and bring a little love into the world!
Children – Kids can show off their super stuff in this fun category just for them! All participates must be 12 years old or younger to compete in the Children’s category.
Children’s competition begins at 3:30PM. Adult competition begins after the convention has ended, at 5:15PM.
Times are subject to change. Check back for up to date information.
Our Cosplay Conmpetition is meant to be enjoyable by both contestants and audience members, so our number one rule for everyone will always be to have fun!
Things to know:
- All contestants must register in person at the cosplay booth by 3PM EST the day of the event. Registration begins at 12PM EST.
- All costumes and props must be in accordance with the convention’s dress code and weapons policy.
- Loose, messy, or dangerous props—such as confetti or firecrackers—are not allowed under any circumstances.
- No metal weapons, real firearms or any props loaded with projectiles will be permitted into the convention.
- To comply to the dress code, all costumes must cover appropriate areas of the body.
- The Comic Book SyndiCON has a zero tolerance policy for harassment. Remember Cosplay DOES NOT Equal Consent. If at any time an attendee feels unsafe or would like to report instances of harassment, please go to the cosplay registration table or nearest available staff member.
The Comic Book SyndiCON staff reserve the right to deny entry to any persons who violate these rules.
Rules are subject to change. Check back for updated information.
If you’re a cosplayer and looking to help your fellow cosplay community members, why not bring something to donate to the Cosplay Potluck, a community run cosplay repair station located by the Cosplay Competition Registration table. Any items brought would be at the owner’s own risk as the Comic Book SyndiCON is not responsible for unattended goods. Items such as needles, safety pins, etc. need to be stored in proper containers and under no circumstances will items such as Xacto blades, box cutters, scalpels, etc. be permitted in the convention center.
If you have any questions, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org “ATT: Becca”